So I went snowboarding a couple of weeks ago. Two full days of it. My brothers, my coolest brother in law(okay, so he is my only brohter in law, but he is really cool), and my cousin Matt went the first day. Well, that isn't entirely true, Matt skiis. We all make fun of him for it, but he is actually pretty good. It was an interesting day, trying to get my feet back under me, and I felt kind of bad that I didn't spend more time boarding with Clay that day, even though he had other much more important (and prettier than my ugly mug) responsibilities to attend to. But it ended up being a good day, even though I was ready to keel over at the end of it.
My brothers and I went again the following Monday (my birthday), and it was even better. We went to Brighton the second time around (my favorite resort). I fainally got close to as good as I used to be with about 3 hours left until closing time. Plus I got to play in some powder and run blacks and double blacks all day long. Sorry about the lack of pictures, but we were too busy having fun to do something menial like save the moments on film so they would last a lifetime...
Note to self: the shape you get in from a cushy desk job is not the same as the shape you need to be in to go snowboarding.
All in all, there isn't anything I would have changed about that weekend (unless it was possible, in some alternate universe, for Lauren to come along). Ben's sweet wife even went through all sorts of trouble to make me a cake (actually, a lot of cup cakes) and a dinner, even though I was very vague about what I wanted (if you read this... sorry about that, you did great!).
Then I came home, all set to get back to work and school, re-energized and ready to go full tilt to the end of the semester. I was excited, but then a long chain of events happened, and now I'm worn out again. I'm happy to be home, don't misunderstand me, I missed my wife and kids a lot. But both cars broke down (okay, Lauren's car was already broken down, I was ready for that -- but my jeep too! What a low blow) so someone else had to pick me up from the airport (thanks Jared), then we found out that one of the guys at work is quitting (we already have too many projects going on), then I had mid-term exams and a program due, and on top of it all, I got some nasty cold I haven't been able to shake (trust me, it really helped on the exams, especially with a nice dose of not enough sleep). There is more that went on, but I'm to worn out to keep going on about it.
Good things have happened as well, but I'm entirely ready for another vacation. Maybe one that doesn't wear me out, but instead allows me to relax and drift in blissful statelesness. Wait... I've never had a vacation like that. I really think it would be too boring. Anyway, life goes on.



2 comments:
Let's go on a vacation together. I could use one myself!
Welcome to the wonderful world of grownups! After about age 25, I think we all live with a constant need of a vacation. Remember when you couldn't wait to grow up so you could do whatever you wanted whenever you wanted? Yeah, still waiting on that time to come!
Post a Comment