Well, it's been a long time since I went snowboarding. Years and years. My sweet wife talked me into going for my birthday/valentines day gift. It really works out well as I have the 24th off of both school and work due to Mardi Gras.
So this coming Friday I'll be flying out to Utah. I'll spend the whole day travelling, but thats the cheapest fare we could find. I've always found the scheduling of flights to be interesting. I'm taking off at 8:00 AM, flying to Oakland, CA for a long layover, and then finally flying in to Salt Lake for 6:30 PM. When I went down to Brazil, I left Nasville, TN and flew up to Chicago, then from there headed south to Brazil. As crazy as it sounds, it makes sense. Whether you fly or not, the planes will still follow those routes, so they just take show you all paths that lead to your destination, and ones that are under-booked tend to be cheaper, thus leading to crazy flight paths.
Anyway, this time next week I'll be carving it up at Sundance. Then the following Monday (my birthday) we'll head up to Brighton, which is my favorite resort in that area. I'm not sure I'll get many pictures, but if so. I'll post them. Here is one of my favorites from when I used to live there though.
Hopefully I'm in decent enough shape for this. I'm a little worried about the altitude difference. I do live at sea level after all. Anyway, you'll hear more from me in about a week.
2.14.2009
A week from today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
It's about time! For a new blog post and for you to go snowboarding again. Happy Valentine's Day!
I second Lauren's comment! Hope you have a great time.
Post a Comment