6.22.2008

DevCon Orlando

Next up was my trip to the Microsoft Developer Connections conference in Orlando. LSU was nice enough to send me off for a week in Florida, and I took full advantage of it. It really was a great conference, especially the part where they get shipwrecked and the seal went tumbling down the ship and did a headstand... oh wait. That was SeaWorld. So as great as the conference was (I really did enjoy it, and learned a lot while I was there), I think the trip to the park will be the more memorable part of that excursion. My favorite part of all the shows was the whale and dolphin show. Those dolphins are incredible acrobats, and I had the thrill of being a 12 year old again as I watched them flip, tumble, and twist each time they jumped out of the water. Sadly I have no pictures of that, as part of the show involves the audience getting all wet. Oh yeah, and Shamu was great too, but same issue. Whales can throw an awful lot of water into the crowd. Next time any of you are in Orlando, I highly recommend paying a visit.

1 comment:

The Wheelers said...

while poor lauren was home with two kids!! (i think i remember that she went to tn.) i guess dads deserve a break too. looks like you had a good time...